Permits with 2017 Issue Date, Recertify in 2022!
The NYS Safe Act's recertification program is ongoing. The process is easy and is required by law. Please note:
- Recertification may be done on-line by visiting (with FAQ update!): https://troopers.ny.gov/firearms
- Recertification status for those done online may be checked on the website.
- Recertification may also be done by mailing in a paper Recertification Form. Mailto: NYSP, Pistol Permit Bureau, Bldg. 22 1220 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12226-2252. Please do not mail to Warren County Clerk/Pistol Permits.
- Recertification Forms may be downloaded from the website or are available at our Warren County Pistol Permit Office.
- Questions to NYSP: 1-855-LAWGUNS (1-855-529-4867)
During COVID-19 Pandemic: we are available by phone (518) 761-6516 (leave message); email firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments are available only for newly approved permits (photo/signatures required)
Pamela J. Vogel, Warren Co. Clerk
Sueanne Linehan, Deputy Co. Clerk
Pistol Permit Administration
NYS Firearms License Request for Public Records Exemption
NYS Firearm License Request for Public Records Exemption (aka as the Opt-Out Form): pistol-opt-out.pdf - Complete and return, or send to:
Warren County Clerk's Office, Pistol Permits
1340 State Route 9
Lake George, NY 12845
We urge forms to be returned to us as soon as possible. For more information about this form, please see the Public Records Exemption - FOIL Form FAQ.
Please Note: This Opt-out applies to county pistol permit files.
Warren County Pistol Permit Applications: Eligibility
In order to apply for a Warren County Pistol Permit, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Be a full or part-time resident of Warren County for at least one year.
- Part-time residents must own property (ex: camp, vacation home) in Warren County, however, their MAIN residence must be OUTSIDE OF NYS. Verification required.
- Furnish a Certificate of Relief from Civil Disabilities if you’ve had any criminal convictions.
- Complete the NRA Pistol Safety Course before a permit is issued. Course certification is valid for up to 3 years.
- Application packet fee: $ 10.00 (cash or check payable to Warren County Clerk, no credit cards).
Application Update: Unrestricted "Carry Concealed" Licenses
Any Warren County resident who currently has a restricted license may apply to upgrade their permit to "Unrestricted". Apply to the Warren County Clerk's Office /Pistol Permits, 1340 State Route 9, Lake George, NY 12845 (518)761-6516 or email: email@example.com. Required forms will be mailed to you. Sign and return with $15 Unrestricted License Application fee. (Check or Money Order - payable to Warren County Clerk). Upon receipt, request will be reviewed by Judge Robert A. Smith, Licensing Officer.
Warren County Pistol Safety Program
All pistol applicants are required to attend and complete a National Rifle Association Pistol Safety Course before a license to carry and/or possess a handgun is issued. Course certification is valid for up to three (3) years. Course certification is valid up to three (3) years Photo ID required. Approved safety course providers are:
- Adk Gun & Range (Adirondack Gun & Range): firstname.lastname@example.org
Held at Adirondack Gun & Range, 1540 State Route 9, Lake George NY 12845.
- Safe T Inc. (Southern Adk Firearms Education & Training Inc): email@example.com
Held at Warren Co. Public Safety Building, Sheriff's Training Room, 1400 State Route 9, Lake George, NY 12845.
register and pay online at website: www.safet-course.com
Check providers websites.