The mission of the Warren County Planning Department is to analyze, prioritize and plan for the balanced and sustainable use of the county's natural resources and built environment to enhance the quality of life for current and future generations while respecting our past.
- Planning and administrative support services to the Warren County Planning Board for monthly review meetings.
- Providing technical services to local planning and zoning boards for matters related to community master plans, zoning ordinances and related land use regulations.
- Design and implementation of planning and economic development initiatives involving multiple county communities. (e.g. First Wilderness Heritage Corridor, Lake George Scenic By-Way).
- Providing Planning review and technical support for the Adirondack/Glens Falls Transportation Advisory Council and Policy Committee.
- Proposal development and funding requests for federal and state programs relating to housing, community facilities, and economic development projects and programs.
- Administration and management of home improvement and new home ownership programs that benefit low and moderate income persons.
- Administration and management of programs that improve or develop public facilities within local communities.
- Administration and management of the Micro-Enterprise Loan Program and Entrepreneurial Training on behalf of the Warren County Local Development Corporation.
- Special project planning and development as identified by the Warren County Board of Supervisors ( e.g. Tourist Rail Line Extension and Connection to Saratoga Springs, Outdoor Theater Project ).
- Certification of projects to be assisted through the Warren County Empire Zone Program.
- Development and management of a county-wide "Main Street Program" consistent with the program objectives initiated by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Geographic Information System
- Administration of the County's digital map files and "circuit rider" assistance to local communities that participate in sharing digital files.
- Developing new applications for spatial analysis using digital files.
- Assisting County Department managers in utilizing digital files and for project specific applications.
Note: All services described are not mandated. The County Planning Board reviews are completed under the requirements of 239 L and M of General Municipal Law.