Fire Prevention & Building Code Enforcement
The Fire Prevention and Building Code Enforcement Department is responsible for the enforcement and administration of the New York State Uniform Code and the Energy Conservation Construction Code in Warren County (except in the Town of Queensbury and City of Glens Falls).
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Issuance of Building Permits (including manufactured homes)
- Issuance of Solid Fuel Burning Device Permits (woodstoves, fireplaces and pellet stoves)
- Issuance of Demolition Permits
- Conducting Plan Reviews for Code Compliance
- Conducting construction inspections
- Issuing Certificates of Occupancy, Completion, Compliance and Operating Permits
- Conducting Fire Safety Inspections
- Inspection of structures following fire or explosion
- Responding to fire safety and life safety complaints
Apply for a Building Permit
If you are looking to apply for a building permit, you can walk through the steps here to make sure you have all of the requirements covered before visiting the Building Codes office.