Skip to main content

Traffic Tickets


If you have been charged with a traffic violation you may be eligible for a reduction of your charge. This applies to traffic matters excluding most misdemeanor offenses (i.e. driving while intoxicated, driving while impaired by drugs, etc.) To receive an offer you may email the District Attorney's Office at or appear in court personally. To convey an offer we must receive:

  • A legible copy of your ticket(s) and supporting deposition(s) that were received, if any.
  • A legible copy of your driving abstract. To get a driver's abstract contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles in person or if you are licensed in New York State, you can order an abstract of your driver record online.
  • If there was an accident, include a legible copy of the accident report and proof of insurance. Accident reports can be requested from the law enforcement agency that responded to the accident, or online through the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.

After we have received the required documents, an Assistant District Attorney will review your request and send you an offer electronically. Due to the large number of requests received by the District Attorney, it may take up to four weeks to receive a response. You will need to contact the local court to request an adjournment if you don't plan on appearing in person.

When you receive an offer from the District Attorney's Office, if you choose to accept, print the plea offer, sign and return it to the court. The court address is on the traffic ticket(s) that you received. If you do not accept the offer, please contact the court so that they can schedule a trial. You may listen to these instructions by calling (518) 761-6352.


Amber AlertNYS Div of Criminal Justice ServicesVictim Notification NetworkDistrict Attorney AssociationDept of Motor Vehicles