Click here for list of ARPA allocations fully approved by the Board of Supervisors.
On Friday, March 17th, the Warren County Board of Supervisors approved the following allocations of ARPA funding:
- Salvation Army of Glens Falls -- $100,000
- North Queensbury Fire Department -- $150,000
- Warren County Historical Society -- $80,000
- Bay Ridge Fire Department -- $28,358
- Warrensburg Emergency Squad -- $97,515
The ARPA Advisory Committee recommended funding to the following organizations at the March 17 committee meeting:
- Warren County Marine Rescue Team -- $152,543
- Northern Border Regional Commission -- $15,000
- Warren County Community Services Board -- $111,286
These recommendations will be considered for final approval at the April 21st Board of Supervisors meeting
ARPA Program Background
On May 10, 2021, the U.S. Department of Treasury released guidance on the State and Local Coronavirus Fiscal Recovery Fund (Recovery Fund), part of the American Rescue Plan Act. The bill includes $65.1 billion in direct, flexible aid to every county in America, as well as other crucial investments in local communities.
The American Rescue Plan includes $2.2 billion for the 57 counties of New York State of which Warren County will receive $12.4 million.
This funding can be used to respond to the public health emergency caused by the coronavirus as well as address the economic devastation that came with it, including assistance to households, small businesses and nonprofits, aid to impacted industries such as tourism, travel and hospitality.