MAY 3, 2023: DEADLINE FOR COMPLYING WITH FEDERAL AIR TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS. MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW!
Real ID/Enhanced Drivers Licenses – Check List
Proof of Legal Presence/Birth Date and Place of Birth:
- Original U.S. Birth Certificate with raised seal or Certified Copy of B/C or
- U.S. Passport (must be valid, not expired) or
- Permanent Residency Card, Certificate of Naturalization (original)
- Reference ID-44 List
Social Security Document: One of the following:
- Social Security Card (original);
- Social Security Card Stub (original);
- Current year W-2 or 1098/1099 with full Social Security # printed on the document;
- For Reciprocity, must provide Social Security Card (original), no alternate document.
Proof of Any Name Change:
- If your current name is different from the Proof of Legal Presence/Birth Document, must provide legal proof of the name change, for each time it changed. Note: Multiple documents may be required (Example: Marriage Certificate, Judgment of Divorce Document, a second Marriage Certificate; Certified Court Document for name change, also accepted, with raised seal).
- All documents must be original or certified copies- issued by Government. (Hospital or Church certificates of birth, death, marriage not acceptable.)
Two (2) Proofs of Physical (Street) Address (no Post Office Box accepted): Examples,
- Utility Bill,
- Home Owners/Renters Insurance,
- Credit Card bill,
- Bank Statement,
- Land/School Tax Bill,
- 2 proofs must be different types, example – cannot bring in 2 credit card bills, or 2 utility bills; may bring 1 utility bill and 1 credit card bill.
- Reference ID-44 List.
Reminder: Documents must be original or certified; valid. DMV cannot accept photocopies, damaged, or illegible documents, or electronically transmitted proofs. We encourage you to read through all printed & online information prior to coming to the DMV. Real ID/EDL processed at Warren Co. M-F from 8:15-4 by appointment only: https://warrencountydmv.setmore.com