Warren County Veterans’ Services will transport Veterans to & from the VA Medical Center (VAMC) in Albany NY everyday Monday – Friday except on federal holidays along with the day after Thanksgiving, the day before and after Christmas and New Years' Day.
There are two pick up locations:
- In front of the Human Services Bldg. (across the parking lot from the Warren County DMV).
- At VFW Post 6196 at 32 Luzerne Road in Queensbury (on the corner of Richardson Street & Luzerne Rd).
We ask that you be ready at either of these locations for an 8am pick up time.
We can accommodate your appointments at the VAMC between 9:30am – 1:00pm.
NOTE: If you have an appointment at 1pm and it is going to last longer than (1) hour you will have to make other arrangements for a ride home. Options that MUST be prearranged are:
- Overnight stay at the HOPTEL and we can bring you home the next day
- Someone you know can come pick you up after your appointment
- Depending on the situation it may be possible for the VA to transport you home
We book up to a year in advance so as soon as you know about an appointment, please call us at 518/761-6342 to schedule your transportation request.
- This transportation gives priority to those veterans who schedule their transportation in advance so anyone who needs to walk-on with no reservation MUST meet us at the VFW to make sure all reservations are met first and then we will fill empty seats.
- With that guideline in place we will then cater to any non-veteran i.e. someone visiting a veteran hospitalized at the VAMC or a spouse/family member/care-giver who is accompanying the veteran to a medical appointment because it is a medical necessity. Note: If needed we may require medical statement from doctor to support this claim for transportation purposes.
Be courteous to other veterans — please notify us of your cancellations ASAP!
If it is your first time riding our transportation we would request a discharge paper be on file with our office either a DD Form 214 or WD AGO 53-55 or an equivalent discharge.
Transportation cancellations (i.e. weather) will be announced on WCKM 98.5 FM (as early as 6:30am)
Listed below is a volunteer organization that may be able to provide a link from your home to one of our two pickup locations listed above. * If you would like to become a volunteer driver please call the organizations directly.