Locally, the Tourism Department:
- Actively promotes and markets the Warren County/Lake George area as a 4-season travel destination;
- Annually responds to more than 150,000 requests for information;
- Prepares and implements promotional programs including television advertising, newsprint, consumer magazines, trade directories, public relations, as well as consumer shows and tradeshow/marketplace exhibits and appointments.
Additionally, the Tourism Department:
- Serves as an informational resource to all residents by providing information regarding private and County operated services;
- Promotes County-operated facilities such as the Fish Hatchery, Up Yonda Farm, the Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport, Warren County Bikeway, etc.;
- Promotes privately operated attractions, accomodations, campgrounds, activities and dining;
- Provides information in print format, as well as on the County Tourism Web Site.
The tourism industry in Warren County provides annual sales tax revenue.