The Self-Insurance Department performs support services for Warren County and the Towns within the County. These services include:
- Administration, as per the NYS Workers' Compensation Law, Volunteer Firefighter Benefits Law and the Volunteer Ambulance Workers Law, of workers' compensation benefits for the entities participating in the Self-Insurance pool. The Self-Insurance Department provides benefit information to the participants and the employees involved. The department verifies the claims and provides payments of such.
- Administration, as per the NYS Disability Benefits Law, of non-work related disability benefits for County employees. This includes providing information about the benefits, claims handling and processing.
- The Self-Insurance Department is the liaison between the employees of Warren County and their various health and dental insurance providers. The office provides company contact information, applications for coverage and coverage changes, student verification forms and claim forms. The Self-Insurance Department reviews all plan designs and costs. Retiree and COBRA billing is coordinated by the Self-Insurance Department. Yearly open enrollment information sessions are provided as part of the education process for employees and retirees. Departmental statistics and costs are provided annually for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Provides administrative guidance to the County and departments regarding general liability and property insurance. Facilitates the billing of such between the agents and the County departments. Secures any necessary insurance certificates and correspondence between the agent and the County.
- Provides safety training and support to County departments and participants within the Self-Insurance Plan. Assists with loss control and risk management services to all departments and participants within the Self-Insurance Plan.