The tax rate is represented in dollars, and you can calculate your school tax by multiplying your tax rate by your property value per thousand dollars.
What To Do If You Disagree With Your Assessment Booklet from New York State Office of Real Property Services
New York State Office of Real Property Service
- New York State Office of Real Property Services
- Barcode RP-5217-PDF
- Job of the Assessor
- How the Property Tax Works (PDF)
- Valuing & Assessing Real Property
- Taxpayer Rights & Information
Uniform Assessment Standards
- Uniform Assessment Standards: The Warren County Assessors’ Association encourages all property owners to review the “Uniform Assessment Standards” that have been adopted by the New York State Office of Real Property Services. These standards will serve as guiding principles for assessment administration. Our members have endorsed the spirit and intent of this document. Please contact your local assessor to discuss the details of their program.