Located on the third floor of the new Human Services building within the County municipal complex, the Warren County Department of Planning and Community Development provides the following services:
NEW Warren County Recreation Mapper
- The Warren County Recreation Mapper provides a free, interactive, online map that can be used on most desktop or mobile devices. It provides detailed information about the public recreation opportunities in Warren County.
Click here or on the image below to enter the Recreation Mapper.
- Planning and administrative support services to the Warren County Planning Board for monthly review meetings
- Providing technical services to local planning and zoning boards for matters related to community master plans, zoning ordinances and related land use regulations.
- Design and implementation of planning and economic development initiatives involving multiple county communities.
- Providing planning review and technical support for the Adirondack/Glens Falls Transportation Advisory Council and Policy Committee.
- Proposal development and funding requests for federal and state programs relating to housing, community facilities, and economic development projects and programs.
- Administration and management of home improvement and new home ownership programs that benefit low and moderate income persons.
- Administration and management of programs that improve or develop public facilities within local communities.
- Special project planning and development as identified by the Warren County Board of Supervisors (e.g. Tourist Rail Line Extension and Connection to Saratoga Springs).
- Project Coordination for the First Wilderness Heritage Corridor.
- Development and management of a county-wide "Main Street Program" consistent with the program objectives initiated by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Administration of the County's spatial data and "circuit rider" assistance to local communities that utilize geospatial technology.
- Management of the County's online mapping system
- E-911 Coordination, providing physical addresses and maintaining road information for emergency dispatch.
- Assistance to County Department managers with utilizing digital files and for project specific applications.
- Providing analysis, custom mapping, and data development services
1340 State Route 9, Lake George, NY 12845
518-761-6410 phone / 518-761-6411 fax