Warren County Children
Warren County offers many options for youth to keep active including hiking, biking, swimming, skiing, sledding, clubs and many other activities.
The Warren County Tourism web site also offers some great ideas of places to go for kids: http://www.visitlakegeorge.com/things-to-do/for-kids-things-to-do
Additionally, please visit the Warren County Youth Bureau http://www.warrencountyny.gov/youth/
GeoCashing and LetterBoxing
Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment. found at: http://www.geocaching.com/
Letterboxing is an intriguing mix of treasure hunting, art, navigation, and exploring interesting, scenic, and sometimes remote places. It takes the ancient custom of placing a rock on a cairn upon reaching the summit of a mountain to an artform. It started when a gentleman simply left his calling card in a bottle by a remote pool on the moors of Dartmoor, in England. found at: http://www.letterboxing.org/
Girl Scouts of North Eastern New York
- Builds girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place
- For local clubs http://www.gsneny.org/
Boy Scouts of Twin Rivers
- Prepare young boys to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath
Warren County 4-H
- Based out of Warrensburg this organization offers many clubs for both boys and girls coving many different topics
Girls on the Run
- is a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running
- Glens Falls Chapter - Jodi Brynes, 518-926-5942, email@example.com
WEBSITES WITH HELPFUL INFORMATION
- An interactive web site where students learn about the importance of regular physical activity. Includes an Activity Calendar, Activity Cards, games, profiles of young people, and a quiz. Also includes web pages of other activities to give tweens information to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- This web site has great interactive ideas for better ways to play. It also gives suggestions for recipes and offers additional educational information.
- Includes resources and information to make regular physical activity "cool", among tweens (9- to 13-year-olds) including colorful graphics, sound effects, games, and profiles of tweens.
- This girl-friendly Web site stresses the importance of weight-bearing physical activity and calcium can be a fun and important part of everyday life. Includes colorful graphics, games, quizzes, a dictionary, and profiles of tweens.
- This site offers a pedometer step logging program for youths. Elementary school-aged students can log their physical activity steps and miles and they can walk across the USA with their classmates and enjoy other fun features.