Countryside Adult Home
The Warren County Countryside Adult Home is a 48 bed public, non-profit, Adult Residential Care Facility, which is licensed by the New York State Department of Health. Its purpose is to provide long-term residential care, room, board, housekeeping, personal care and supervision. It is operated by Warren County under the direction of the Facility's Administrator, the Warren County Board of Supervisors, the Department of Social Services, and the Commissioner of Social Services. The Countryside Adult Home will admit adult residents of Warren County, subject to eligibility, without regard to race, color, creed or national origin; and will provide a home for those adults who do not require twenty-four hour skilled nursing care. The staff understands the needs of residents in the facility. Twenty-four hour supervision is provided by trained and caring aides. The Countryside Adult Home provides case management and offers the following services:
- A full-time activity program;
- Furnished semi-private rooms;
- Barber and beautician services on site;
- Laundry services are provided as well as washers and dryers for personal use;
- Medication management assistance as well as assistance with the activities of daily living and housekeeping services;
- Three nutritious meals daily with between meal snacks;
- Bi-weekly shopping trips as well as transportation to and from all appointments;
- Worship services on site.
All meals are prepared by an experienced staff. A Registered Dietician works with the Medical Director and staff to provide nutritious meals that meet the dietary needs of all residents.
The activity program helps to promote and maintain the physical and psycho-social well being of each resident. An organized program of individual and group activities is available to enable the residents to engage in cultural, spiritual, diversional, physical, political, social and intellectual activities within the facility and the local community.