Planning And Community Development
- Planning and administrative support services to the Warren County Planning Board for monthly review meetings.
- Providing technical services to local planning and zoning boards for matters related to community master plans, zoning ordinances and related land use regulations.
- Design and implementation of planning and economic development initiatives involving multiple county communities. (e.g. First Wilderness Heritage Corridor, Lake George Scenic By-Way).
- Providing Planning review and technical support for the Adirondack/Glens Falls Transportation Advisory Council and Policy Committee.
- Proposal development and funding requests for federal and state programs relating to housing, community facilities, and economic development projects and programs.
- Administration and management of home improvement and new home ownership programs that benefit low and moderate income persons.
- Administration and management of programs that improve or develop public facilities within local communities.
- Administration and management of the Micro-Enterprise Loan Program and Entrepreneurial Training on behalf of the Warren County Local Development Corporation.
- Special project planning and development as identified by the Warren County Board of Supervisors ( e.g. Tourist Rail Line Extension and Connection to Saratoga Springs, Outdoor Theater Project ).
- Certification of projects to be assisted through the Warren County Empire Zone Program.
- Development and management of a county-wide "Main Street Program" consistent with the program objectives initiated by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Geographic Information System
- Administration of the County's digital map files and "circuit rider" assistance to local communities that participate in sharing digital files.
- Developing new applications for spatial analysis using digital files.
- Assisting County Department managers in utilizing digital files and for project specific applications.
Note: All services described are not mandated. The County Planning Board reviews are completed under the requirements of 239 L and M of General Municipal Law.