Warren County Land and Public Records at nylandrecords.com:
Before You Go!
After dedicating the last three years to expanding real property data on our office computer system we are now happy to offer not only this information within the office setting, but also to the public via our company's Internet website, nylandrecords.com! The site contains 30+ years of land records along with a variety of related documents including consolidated liens, lis pendens, filed survey maps, even officials and their oaths of office! Nearly 2 million images are available and can be viewed/printed/saved to your own computer files! Index and image data grows each day as we not only carry out our daily recording and filing responsibilities but continue an aggressive backfile conversion plan supported in large part by the NYS Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of records can be found on nylandrecords for Warren County?
The site contains access to the following data-sets (also known as "offices" ):
- Real Property: Deeds, Mortgages, Agreements, Assignments, POAs, Easements, Boundary Line Agreements, Mortgage Discharges.
- Consolidated Liens: Building & Loan, Federal Tax Liens, Mechanic's Liens, UCCs.
- Maps: Maps Filed Surveys. Some Appropriations (Note: These can be saved to your computer and printed to scale if you have the necessary plotters to do so).
- Business Names: DBAs, Amendments & Discontinuances, Incorporations, Dissolutions.
- Lis Pendens
- Officials: Oaths of Office, Appointments, Resignations.
- Are there any public records not available for search on the website?
- Money Judgments and Court Actions/Civil Actions are not available at this time. These documents are only available for searching within the county office.
- Is there a fee to SEARCH for records on the website?
- No. There is no fee to just search for records in any of the "offices". Search result screens can also be printed at no fee. You are actually searching indexes. This is an unsecured area.
- Are there any fees associated with this site?
- Yes. If you decide you want to see/print/save/or email the document, then a fee will be charged. You will be required to register by setting up an account, and your credit card will be charged. This a secured area.
- What type of accounts are available?
The site offers two types of accounts (options) with payment by credit card only. Your choice.
- Pay-Per-View: This is designed typically for individuals who do not need to access documents on a regular basis; occasional use only. No fee to search, but a $ 5 fee to view/print/save the document (regardless of the number of pages). Often less expensive than a per page fee here at the office; more convenient.
- Monthly Subscriber: Designed for commercial accounts: mortgage, title, real estate, law offices, banks etc. Those that access documents on a regular basis. Convenient and cost-effective. There is a monthly subscription fee of $ 50 per month, plus 50 cents per document to view/print/save a document.
A log-in with user name and password is assigned when you register for either account.
Nylandrecords.com offers detailed information about account set-up, searching, help links and FAQs too. Click on tool bar to learn more; there is no charge for this tool bar info!
- User names and passwords must be selected for each account. If one has a commercial (monthly subscriber) account, can there be multiple passwords per account?
- No. There is only one password per account. Based on a company's own policy, the company could have employees each set up their own account, and then have the employee expense back to the company for reimbursement OR the company could also just maintain the account for the use of all of their employees. Again, all based on company policy. Account history is available on the site, however.Nylandrecords.com offers detailed information about account set-up, searching, help links and FAQs too. Click on tool bar to learn more; there is no charge for this tool bar info!
- What kind of date range is available for the on-line documents?
- Dates vary for each of the offices & do change as backfile conversion efforts are accomplished (esp. in RP). A default start date of1/1/1900 addresses these variances. Our Index & Image Status has more info.
- Can the "to" date be changed in a search?
- Yes. The default "to" date is based on the last date the documents have been fully verified (approved) by the Warren County staff. Use the calendar to change to the most current date and thereby have access to the most recent recordings and filings. These will appear within a few minutes of being recorded/filed at the Warren Co. Clerk's Office.
- What type of searches can be conducted?
- You can search each of the offices by: Name, Document Number, or Volume. Name searches are the most frequently used. Entering a last name only and selecting "all document types" for a search will ensure the most complete results. The site provides detailed info on searching.
- What kind of searches cannot be conducted?
- For those familiar with searching at the Warren County Clerk's Office in the Public Records Room, the global options (searching all the offices at one time) and date only options are not available on the internet site.
- Are there images for every document?
- For nearly all! 1.6 million pages of Real Property so far! Exceptions: The most recently recorded or filed documents have a short lag before the imaging process is completed. There could be a 4-8 hour delay over the course of the business day. As well, some of the older documents still going thru a conversion may not have all images linked. In either case, it will be noted below the search detail that no image exists.
- Are there page limits on documents?
- No. The system will display all pages of the document and charges for the document, not the number of pages. Same fee for a 2 page document as for a 200 page document! System has successfully provided 500+ pages; speed at which a large document is displayed depends on the user's internet speed.
- When does the credit card get charged?
- They do not actually charge the credit card at the time of each transaction. The system accumulates the charges until either the user logs off or the session times out.
- Why would internet access to the site automatically time out?
- For security purposes, automatic time-outs will end a session if there is no activity after a number of minutes. The user's credit card is charged for any activity up to that point. To resume, the user must log on again.
- Does a subscription to Warren County's site entitle the subscriber access to any other county sites hosted by nylandrecords.com without any additional charges?
- No. We are all separate clients to the vendor hosting the site. You will need to set up an account with another county in order to have access to their records.
- Why are there differences in fees associated with internet access to Clerk's records?
- For those County Clerk's offering access to their records via the internet, fees do vary... from free for everything to a wide range of monthly and annual fees. Fees are most often based on the Clerk's contract with a vendor for these services( ie: charges that the Clerk incurs for account maintenance, host site management, site construction, options or built-in fees, etc.).
- This site seems to deal with more current records. Where can I go to look up older, more historical land records?
- Our earliest land records go back to 1813. For more information on historical index books (and even document pages) available online, please select County Clerk/Searching Public Records Online/Historical Records Infodex.
- What if I encounter problems with nylandrecords.com?
www.nylandrecords.com has both FAQs and a help desk. Read thru all information provided on the site, before getting underway.
Use the email contact for further assistance, if needed.
For technical assistance/problems (not search advice), a toll free number is provided: 1-800-782-5652 and is posted on the first page of site.
Your own computer may not allow certain downloads. If "stuck", email the document to yourself.
Note: We cannot see anything here at the Warren County Clerk's Office as to your activity, so cannot be of help to you in resolving. Please contact the site as directed.
We trust that the above information will be helpful to you!